Refined sunflower oil is made from well-known sunflower seeds, which contain between 40 and 65 percent oil. Sunflower seeds of the oil kind create healthy, natural sunflower oil. Our oil has a mild flavor and appearance, and it contains more Vitamin E than any other vegetable oil. Apart from this, it is a fat blend that's high in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats and low in saturated fat. The oil can be utilized in situations where the cooking temperature is exceedingly high. It also has the potential to keep food fresher and healthier for longer periods of time.
Refined Sunflower oil Specifications:
- Free Oil Acidity (Expressed OS Oleic Acid) 0.30%
- Max Refractive Index at 40C 1.466-1.470
- Peroxide Value (Meg. Gr/Kg) 1.0 Max
- Saponification Value 189-195
- Iodine Value 120-143
- Density at 20C 0.909-0.925
- Unsaponifiable Matters 1.5% Max
- Appearance Clear Soap Test 0.005% Max
- Insoluble Impurity in Ether 0.05 Max
- Volatile Matter at 105C Test Negative
- Mineral Oil Test Negative
- Sesame Seed Oil Test Negative
- Cold Test after 24 Hours Negative
- FF (Iron) 1.5 Max
- CU (Copper) 0.1 Max
- PB (Lead) 0.1Max
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is sunflower oil?
Ans: It is a type of vegetable oil that is made from sunflower seeds. It is a clear, light-colored oil that is commonly used in cooking and baking.
2. What are the benefits of sunflower oil?
Ans: It is a good source of unsaturated fats, including monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which can help lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease. It is also high in vitamin E, which is an antioxidant that can help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals.
3. Is sunflower oil healthy?
Ans: It is generally considered a healthy oil when consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. It is low in saturated fats and high in unsaturated fats, making it a good choice for heart health.
4. Can sunflower oil be used for frying?
Ans: Yes, sunflower oil can be used for frying. It has a high smoke point, which means it can withstand high heat without breaking down or producing harmful compounds. However, it is important to avoid overheating the oil, as this can cause it to break down and produce harmful compounds.
5. Can sunflower oil be used as a substitute for other oils?
Ans: Yes, sunflower oil can be used as a substitute for other oils such as vegetable oil, canola oil, or olive oil, depending on the recipe and the desired outcome. However, keep in mind that different types of oils have different flavors and characteristics, which may affect the taste and texture of the final product.
6. How should sunflower oil be stored?
Ans: It should be stored in a cool, dark place, away from heat and light. It is important to keep the oil in a tightly sealed container to prevent oxidation and rancidity. Once opened, sunflower oil should be used within a few months to maintain freshness and quality.
7. Is sunflower oil suitable for people with allergies?
Ans: It is generally considered safe for people with common food allergies such as peanut, soy, and tree nut allergies. However, people with sunflower seed allergies should avoid sunflower oil and products that contain sunflower oil. It is always recommended to consult with a healthcare professional before consuming any food if you have a known allergy or sensitivity.